Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Filters are small-sized, yet powerful filtering circuits ideal for receiver input circuits which help electronic devices filter out and avoid interference from their general surroundings.
Golledge offers a wide range of quality SAW filters with a wide variety of center frequencies and bandwidths. Please browse our SAW filter products below or use the search bar function to locate the exact product type you are interested in.
Select your specific requirements to find the products you need.
Package Height mm (<=)
Insertion Loss dB (<=)
Return Loss (max) dB (<=)
Gain (Peak) dBi (>=)
Product Type : SAW Filter
What is SAW filter?
A SAW filter is a small electronic device that uses piezoelectric material to convert electrical energy into mechanical or acoustic energy. They are called "surface acoustic wave" filters because they rely on the propagation of surface acoustic waves along the surface of a piezoelectric material, such as quartz or lithium niobate.
The technology uses an input transducer to create acoustic waves from the incoming electrical signal and an output transducer that receives these acoustic waves and then converts them back into electrical energy. They have a series on interconnected resonators in between to form the desired filter characteristic.
What are SAW filters used for?
SAW filters are primarily used to filter radio frequencies and intermediate frequencies.
One of the most common uses of SAW filters is in mobile phones. The filters help electronic devices such as smartphones filter incoming RF .so they can work without being overloaded by interfering signals. There are also used for IF signal processing where required bandwidth is too great for a crystal filter.
Other applications where SAW filters are commonly used include GPS systems, base stations, satellite communication systems, and many others. They are an attractive frequency filter solution due to their high selectivity, compact size, high reliability, and wide frequency range.
What are the benefits of SAW filters?
SAW filters offer several benefits over other types of RF filters, including:
- High selectivity: SAW filters provide high selectivity, meaning they can reject unwanted frequencies while passing the desired frequency with minimal loss.
- Wide frequency range: SAW filters can be designed to operate over a wide frequency range, from a 10s of MHz to several gigahertz.
- Small size: SAW filters are compact and have a small footprint, making them ideal for use in space-constrained applications, such as mobile phones and other portable devices.
- High reliability: SAW filters are robust and have a long lifespan, making them reliable for use in demanding applications, such as military and aerospace.
- High stability: SAW filters have a high stability over temperature, humidity, and other environmental variables, making them suitable for use in harsh operating conditions.
If you need more information on SAW filters or cannot find the exact product you are searching for, please contact our expert team today.